Flowers are man’s best friend. Over the years, it has been used in several ways for different purposes. One of the popular uses of flowers is for gifting. Flower is known to speak the language of love and romance. It is also been used for decorative purposes in offices, homes and event centers.
The use of flowers is currently evolving as elope are beginning to realize there are more ways to use flowers. Cooking with flowers is becoming popular as it has been discovered that some of them have medicinal properties. Moyses Steve suggests some edible flowers. They offer the same day flower delivery and next day flower delivery, seven days a week in London. The care has to be taken so as not to consume the poisonous flowers. Below is a list of top 8 edible flowers you can use:
- Borage blossoms: Borafe blossoms are small blue flowers with black center and a reddish stem. It has a mild cucumber taste which is why people love to use them in their salads for garnishing. It has been found to possess some medicinal properties too.
- Calendula: This flower is popularly known as poor man’s saffron because it tastes like saffron when sautéed in olive oil. The uncooked petals of this flower has a slightly spicy taste and can be added to deviled eggs.
- Lavender: This flower has a sweet and slightly perfumed taste that gets noticed when the buds of the flower are sprinkled in champagne and cocktails.
- Hibiscus: This flower has a flavor similar to that of cranberry, which is why people prefer to add them to cocktails and teas. Hibiscus is a very popular flower you can use to get your guests amazed because they love to watch them bloom in their glasses of bubbly.
- Nasturtiums: if you love the taste of pepper, then you will definitely love this. This gorgeous flower has a slight taste of pepper, which makes them the perfect spice for your summer rice paper rolls. Nasturtium can be enjoyed with beef carpaccio.
- Roses: The use of roses has gone beyond mere decorations. Rose flower has proven to be the most popular flower and has been used over the years to express feelings of love but here is an interesting new fact. Roses are edible too. They have strong floral scent with a subtle and fruity flavor. Roses can be used to cook soups, teas, salads, jams and popular desserts such as strawberry and pomegranate.
- Violets: violets have vibrant colors and sweet, floral taste, which makes them perfect for iced drinks and salads. Violets can be crystallized and used to top desserts.
- Pansies: pansies have minty flavor and can be used to flavor salads and summer cocktails. They also make your food colorful.
There is an endless list of edible flowers as new ones are being discovered.